What assessments can you provide?
Our clinical psychologists and neuropsychologists provide a range of diagnostic and non-diagnostic testing for school aged children.
We help kids who are experiencing difficulties with school learning, cognition, behaviour, social skills and emotions.
We often test children for:
Our testing also covers giftedness, IQ tests and academic achievement.
If you have a specific assessment query, please send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
How can I help with the assessment process?
A comprehensive psychological assessment requires information from a number of sources across different contexts in the child's life.
Any information you can provide regarding the child's functioning will be useful for the assessor. Please provide as much information and detail as you can, it all helps!
Why choose Chology?
Comprehensive reports - we have received incredible feedback from parents and school staff; a number of whom suggesting that our reports are powerful and the best (they had) ever seen.
Professionalism –All of our psychologists are fully-qualified and highly-trained mental health specialists with a passion for child assessment. This means you can rest easy knowing that your patients are in very capable hands.
Quality – Our service quality and clinical reports are second-to-none. Families experience a premium health offering that was meticulously designed to inform, educate and empower parents to do the best they can for their child.
Speed – A child's development is crucial. Families shouldn't have to wait for months and months to receive support. We aim to keep our waiting list as short as possible. Early intervention is the best intervention!
What tests do you use?
To provide accurate assessments, we need precise tools. Our psychologists use only the top-quality testing instruments available on the market. All of our tests are standardised and based on strong scientific research. In short, the tools we use to assess children are valid and reliable.
The majority of our tests are sourced from the publishing company Pearson Clinical. Our test library is comprehensive, meaning we can assess for most childhood conditions across the five key areas of behaviour, cognition, emotions, academic and social health.
Here are a few of the clinical tests we commonly use to assess children:
- WISC-VA&NZ (Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – 5th Edition)
- WIAT-IIIA&NZ (Wechsler Individual Achievement Test – 3rd Edition)
- WAIS-IVA&NZ (Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale - 4th Edition)
- ADOS-2 (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule – 2nd Edition)
- ADI-R (Autism Diagnostic Interview –Revised)
- NEPSY-II (A Developmental Neuropsychological Assessment – 2nd Edition)
- CTOPP-2 (Comprehensive Test of Phonological Processing - 2nd Edition)
- BASC-3 (Behaviour Assessment System for Children – 3rd Edition)
- Vineland-3 (Adaptive Behaviour Scales - 3rd Edition)
- BRIEF-2 (Behaviour Rating Inventory of Executive Function – 2nd Edition)
- SRS-2 (Social Responsiveness Scale – 2nd Edition)
- GARS-3 (Gilliam Autism Rating Scale - 3rd Edition)
- CVLT-C (California Verbal Learning Test – Children’s Edition)
- RCFT (Reys Complex Figure Task)
Can I make a referral?
Yes! We encourage allied health professionals to make referrals when appropriate.
To do this, you can send us the contact number of a primary caregiver with some brief background information and we will reach out to the family directly.
Alternatively, pass on our details for the famil to get in touch with our intake team (firstname.lastname@example.org or 1800 10 80 80).
Can you show me an example report?
Try before you buy... we like it!
Of course, if you would like a sample report we are more than happy to send one through.
To receive a PDF report please use the enquiries form at the bottom of the page and provide us with a valid email address.