What does an assessment cost?
Assessment fees are determined by:
- Hours of testing required
- Testing instruments used
- Level of clinician expertise
- Length and detail of the report
- Duration of the feedback session.
To find out how much your child’s assessment will cost, please send an online enquiry or call us today.
What am I paying for?
When you book an assessment you are paying for:
- Labour time - clinical assessments take anywhere from 2 to 20+ hours to complete. This includes testing, scoring, report writing, client communications, feedback and ongoing support.
- Expertise - your psychologist is a highly-trained specialist with many years of university education and clinical experience.
- Testing materials - we purchase the best possible tools and materials available.
- Report quality - much research and development has gone into creating our unique report features and clinical content.
Are there cheaper options?
We understand that cost may be a significant factor for some families when deciding on an assessment provider. Chology’s pricing is very competitive but you may find cheaper options out there.
Keep in mind that not all assessment services are created equally. Unfortunately, poor psychological assessment does exist within the industry. Inadequate testing may fail to identify your child’s difficulties and support needs, and could even lead to harmful outcomes.
Do your homework before selecting a provider by considering the following:
- What clinical testing tools are used?
- What are the qualifications and experience of the clinician?
- How comprehensive is the report and recommendations?
- How much guidance and education will caregivers receive?
- What is the degree of follow-up support?
Can I get a rebate?
Private Health Insurance
It is common for our clients to receive rebates from their private health insurers. Policies often include provisions for "Psychological Services". It is worth checking with your provider prior to testing.
Many NDIS plans cover psychological assessment. We support eligible participants who are self- or plan-managed.
Your child may be eligible for medicare rebates. Please download our Medicare guide for more information.
Debit and Credit Cards Accepted
You can pay for your child's assessment online via our secure Client Portal.
We also offer a 'buy now, pay later' option via OpenPay. This allows you to pay for your child's assessment in weekly or fortnightly instalments, with zero interest.