Chology provides online psychological assessments. This means testing and communication with your psychologist takes place via videoconference and other virtual means (phone call, email, whatsapp or text message).
Choosing telehealth for your child’s assessment has many advantages:
- Convenience – you can connect with expert psychologists from across the
country, all within the comfort of your own home.
- Access – no matter where you are in Australia, you can engage with a high-
quality, specialised service for your family.
- It works! – all the key components of traditional assessment (including information
gathering, clinical tests, report writing and feedback) can be
provided to the highest-standard using virtual methods.
- Forget waiting – during the assessment you are free to carry on with your
daily life at home, instead of sitting for hours in a clinic’s waiting room.
- Child comfort and safety – children are often far more comfortable within
their own homes rather than an unfamiliar clinic or hospital. Telehealth
provides a greater sense of safety for your child.
- Child rapport – our psychologists are able to build just as strong a connection with children and families via video-link as they could in person. We are committed to building a warm, trusting relationship you and your child.
To get the best out of your assessment it is helpful to have access to a:
- Reliable internet connection
- Laptop or desktop computer
- Webcam with a clear picture
- Quiet, uncluttered room
- Clear speakers or headphones
If any of these are unavailable to you, that’s okay! We can usually find a way to get the